West Virginia has always been a peculiar state in the eyes of outsiders. Here are fifteen things people who aren’t mountaineers just don’t seem to understand.
1. Why we’re called the most northern of the southern states…
2. And most southern of the northern states.
3. How everybody can be related to a coal miner
4. Which is why alot of people have this bumpersticker
5. Or maybe this one (see #15)
6. And a lot of people here are…
7. Why the only right way to eat pepperoni is baked in a bun
8. And the only thing that belongs on a hot dog is sauce and slaw
9. Don’t ever say we’re from Virginia
10. Why WVU (or Marshall) Football is a religion
11. Which is why this becomes the largest city in the state on Fall weekends
12. Why Hurricane isn’t pronounced the same way here
13. Or why this isn’t just a song to us. It’s everything.
14. Why we hated this welcome sign
15. And how nothing makes you feel more at home than a view like this