Check out our Updated List (as of 4/23/16)
Ramps… Call’em the King of Stink, but people love this iconic spring plant.Especially in local communities throughout the tri-state where dinners are a focal point of the days as they grow longer. (Photo above by Jessica and Lon Binder/Flickr)
Why not stop by and taste a tempting ramp dish at one of these community dinners? Enjoy this special taste of the season.
Here are 11 Ramp Dinners/Festivals happening this spring:
- Pickens, West Virginia – American Legion Hall Post 122, April 16.
- Pine Grove, West Virginia – Shortline Ramp Festival – Byrd Center and Park, April 16.
- Camp Creek State Park, West Virginia – Camp Creek Lumberjack Competition and Ramp Fest, April 23
- Richwood, West Virginia – Annual Feast of the Ramson, Richwood High School, April 30.
- Elkins, West Virginia – Annual Ramp and Rails Fest, Elkins Depot, April 30.
- Helvetia, West Virginia – Helvetia Ramp Dinner,April 30.
- Parkersburg, West Virginia – Faith Gospel Church, April 30.
- Upperglade, West Virginia – Camp Caesar Ramp Dinnner, April 30.
- Mount Morris, Pennsylvania – Annual Ramp Dinner, Mason Dixon Historical Park, April 23-24.
- Oakland, Maryland – Ramp Cook-off, Deep Creek Lake State Park, April 30.
- Whitetop, Virginia – Whitetop Mountain Ramp Festival, May 15.