Ramps… Call’em the King of Stink, but people love this iconic spring plant.Especially in local communities throughout the tri-state where dinners are a focal point of the days as they grow longer. (Photo above by Jessica and Lon Binder/Flickr)
Why not stop by and taste a tempting ramp dish at one of these community dinners? Enjoy this special taste of the season.
Here’s Where To Get Ramps This Spring in WV:
- Bruceton Mills Veterans of Foreign Wars 2523, Bruceton Mills, begins at noon
- Camp Creek Lumberjack Competition and Ramp Fest, Camp Creek (county highway 19/5, two miles off I-77 at exit 20), 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Huntington Stink Fest, 555 14th Street, Huntington, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Annual Feast of the Ramson, Richwood High School, 38 Edgewood Ave., Richwood, 10:30 a.m.- 4 p.m
- Glenville Country Farm Show Ramp Dinner, Gilmer County Recreation Center, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Marmet, George Buckley Community Center, 8505 MacCorkle Ave., begins at noon.
- Annual Ramps and Rail Fest, 315 Railroad Ave., Elkins, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Helvetia Ramp Festival, begins at 2 p.m.
- Faith Gospel Church, Lost Pavement Road, Parkersburg, 2-6 p.m.
- Quick Area Community Center Ramp Dinner, 23 Lucy Lane, Clendenin, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Camp Caesar Ramp Dinner, Route 20 north of Cowen, Upperglade, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- 52nd Annual Ramp Dinner at H.E. White Elementary, 501 Bomont Road, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Mount Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 1671 Slaubaugh Road, Eglon (between Thomas, WV and Oakland, MD), 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 27th Annual Ramp Dinner at Springfield Valley Volunteer Fire Department, Spring Glade Road, starts at noon.
- Mount Clare Volunteer Fire Department, Mount Clare, noon to 7 p.m.
- Bayard Volunteer Fire Department Annual Ramp Dinner, Bayard, 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Jenkins Chapel Annual Ramp Dinner, 1651 Jenkins Hollow Road, Mathias (Hardy County), 4-7 p.m.